Consumer Grievance Redressal Policy
The Consumer Grievance Redressal Mechanism (“Policy”) has been formulated as per guidelines issued
by National Housing Bank and is aimed at reducing instances of customer complaints by ensuring proper
and timely resolution of all their requirements as well as a pro-active approach towards providing
information related to their loans.
The Policy is based on the following principles:
- We will always be driven by the needs of our customers and strive to exceed their expectations every time.
- We will strive the provide all relevant information to the customer up-front.
- We will strive to treat all customers efficiently, fairly and transparently.
- We will resolve all customer complaints in line with the laws of the land and ensure that complaints are dealt with in a courteous manner.
- We will widely publicise avenues where the customers can escalate their complaints including to the National Housing Bank.
- Shubham will have a customer complaint register in all branches where customers can personally
record their complaint along with handing over any letter to the branch. The customer can also give a
service request verbally to the branch. The branch depending upon the nature of request will either
resolve it locally or seek assistance from central customer support cell lead by Head of Credit &
Service. All complaints recorded in the complaint register will be reported monthly to the central
customer service cell along with their resolution status.
- Shubham will have a central customer service helpline which will be available to the customers and
branch during normal working hours. The contact number of the helpline will be carried in all
application forms as well as be displayed prominently in all the branches. Whenever any call is
received by the helpline, a complaint number will be provided to the customer immediately.
- Shubham will have a centralised customer grievance redressal cell which will keep a record of all
customer complaints and track resolution. The data maintained by this cell will be periodically
reviewed by the Committee and/or the Board of Directors to ascertain standards of customer
- All Shubham’s employees will follow the employment guidelines which include a standard code of
conduct. Any unbecoming conduct on the part of employees can also be reported in the branches or
- Shubham will prominently display contact details of the National Housing Bank consumer grievance
redressal cell, as mentioned hereinafter, in its branches to ensure customers can contact NHB directly
in the event they are not satisfied with the service provided by Shubham.
- In addition to above, Head of Credit & Service shall also have power to deal with the issue relating to
services provided to Shubham by Direct Selling Agent(s).
Resolution of Grievances:
- Generally, a time limit of 30 days will be given to the customers for lodging the complaints/grievances
with Shubham. Time limit of 30 days can be extended if the customer has sufficient cause for not
lodging his/her complaint within 30 days period.
- It will be the endeavour of the Shubham branch staff to resolve all complaints at the branch itself
since Shubham operates in a decentralised manner through widely dispersed branches.
- Any complaints which cannot be resolved at the branches will be referred to a central grievance
redressal cell. They will collate all such complaints received at the branches as well as on the helpline
and will ensure fair resolutions in a time bound manner.
- All customers will be provided with a complaint number for easy reference as and when they have to
follow up on their complaint.
- Shubham will endeavor to resolve all complaints in a reasonable time period and will regularly
monitor the pending cases at a senior level.
If the customer complaint is not resolved within 7 working days, they can send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at, which shall be resolved within days not exceeding 45 days:
Office of the CEO
Shubham Housing Development Finance Company Ltd.
Shubham House, 425, Udyog Vihar Phase-IV,
Gurgaon, Haryana - 122015
In case any client is not satisfied with the resolution provided by Shubham, then they may write to NHB
at email@example.com and may approach the National Housing Bank at the following address:
National Housing Bank
Department of Regulation and Supervision
(Complaint Redressal Cell)
4th Floor, Core 5-A, India Habitat Centre,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110 003
Policy shall be posted on website of Shubham for dissemination purpose